What does it means ???
A computer hacker is any skilled computer expert that uses their technical knowledge to overcome a problem. While “hacker” can refer to any skilled computer programmer, the term has become associated in popular culture with a “security hacker“, someone who, with their technical knowledge, uses bugs or exploits to break into computer systems. (Reference from wikipedia)
Hacking can also refered to non-malicious activities, usually involving unusual or improvised alterations to equipment or processes.
Which type of hacker’s ???
3 types of hacker
- Black hat
- White hat
- Gray hat
Cybrary hub explains Hacking – How things are Work !
Hackers deploy a variety of techniques for hacking –
- Vulnerability scanner– Is a Automated scanner who find computers and networks known weaknesses
- Password cracking: The process of retrieve password hash then decryption of hashes is called password cracking.
- Packet sniffer: an applications that capture data packets to view data and passwords in transmit over networks.
- Spoofing attack: Spoofing is when a hacker impersonates another device or user on a network in order to steal data, spread malware,or bypass access controls. The most common forms are IP spoofing, email spoofing, and DNS spoofing.
- Root kit: represents a set of programs which work to subvert control of an operating system from legitimate operators
- Trojan horse: serves as a back door in a computer system to allow an intruder to gain access to the system later
- Viruses: self-replicating programs that spread by inserting copies of themselves into other executable code files or documents
- Key loggers: tools designed to record every keystroke on the affected machine for later retrieval
Certain corporations employ hackers as part of their support staff. These legitimate hackers use their skills to find flaws in the company security system, thus preventing identity theft and other computer-related crimes.
NOTE– Hacking is not a skill, It’s a Extreme knowledge, hacking is like a gun you can use for self-defense and attacking some one..